Rubbing alcohol has many uses other than just keeping it in your first aid kit. It’s an essential item for any frugal household!
- Stretch your shoes: Help those new leather shoes work in better by rubbing alcohol on the tight spots while you are wearing them. By the end of the day they should be nice and comfy.
- Rub out a rash: If you think you got into poison ivy, wet a cloth with alcohol and rub the spots you think are affected. This will prevent a breakout.
- Prevent icy windshield wipers: Rub alcohol over the wiper blades with a soft cloth.
- Remove frost from car windows: Spray full strength on your car windows to remove frost right away.
- Keep frost from the inside of your windows: Use this on the windows in your home. 1/2 cup alcohol to 1 quart of water. Spray on your windows and wipe as usual.
- Remove hairspray from mirrors: Just wipe your mirror with a spray of alcohol to remove those sticky spray spots.
- Clean your laptop, TV, cell phone screens: No need to buy the “expensive” spray from the store as alcohol is all you need. Just use a cotton pad and wipe away.
- Remove ink stains from clothing: just soak the spot for a few minutes in alcohol then wash as usual.
- Kill fruit flies: Spray fruit flies with alcohol and they die right away.
- Remove stickers: Alcohol easily removes the sticky from price tags, tape etc.
- Make your own “Febreze”: Save lots of money and avoid chemicals by mixing 1 cup alcohol and 10-15 drops of essential oil into a spray bottle.