Let’s look at the to-do list from 2 weeks ago, as once again I missed doing a post last week.
- Finish quilting the Arkansas Crossroads quilt, and get the binding sewn on my machine. –This is on hold as I had bobbin issues and lost motivation due to having so much ripping to do.
- Get at least 4 more covered notebooks done for my booth.–Fail–didn’t even work on these.
- Continue working on the selvage rug.–I did do some work on the selvage rug, but then decided to concentrate on the rug from the roll of fabric strips.
- Continue each day to tear strips from the big roll of fabric.–I did work on this, finally got thru the purple. I started on the red section, but decided that was wasting my time at the moment.
- Work on a rug made with the fabric from the roll.–Did pretty good on making my first rug from the roll, but wasn’t able to finish one.
As I wrote above, I stopped worrying about tearing the fabric roll into strips. I will work on it here and there, but there are other things that I need to work on daily over tearing strips. Here is my progress on the first rug from the purple.
My little sewing group meets twice a month. I’ve made this locker hook rug my sewing group project until it’s done.
Let’s see what I can put on a to-do list for this next week:
- Finish current jigsaw puzzle
- Find crochet pattern for hacky sacks and start making those to add to my booth.
- Finish 4 covered notebooks for my booth.
- Finish the purple rug.
- Work on the selvage rug.
- Start knitting a new scarf.
I am linking up with the following blogs:
3 thoughts on “WIP Wednesday–Rugs”
Making great progress on those rugs! Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.
OH those rugs are lovely! After a bit of research, I found them to be quite fascinating. Your’s are beautiful!
Thank you 🙂 A member of our church taught some of us ladies how to make the toothbrush rugs some years back and I’ve been hooked. I’m also the only one in the group that makes them. Goldie has passed away now at the age of 100, but memories live on.