Pipe cleaners are a staple in my house. The grandkids can make all kinds of things with them, but I use them for cleaning. They clean out straws, they clean the spaces around the faucet that I can’t get to with my rag. There is always at least one at my sink for these purposes.
Here are just a few of hundreds of uses:
- As mentioned, to clean tight spaces–examples: straws, faucets, keyboards, and bike chains
- Tie your shoes in a pinch when your shoestring breaks
- Twist up a nice holiday napkin holder
- Keep little hands busy on a road trip
- Make pipe cleaner balls for cat toys
- Twist to make Christmas tree ornaments–for example, a red and a white twisted into a candy cane
- Bend into decorations to top cupcakes
- Twist to the edges of hanger to keep garments from sliding.